Friday, March 23, 2012

raw hemp burger with mashed avocado over garden greens

it had been way too long since i last made carmella's hemp veggie burgers. though they're lacking some ingredients (celery and onion), they still turned out great.


with some greens from the garden (kale, spinach and arugula), i threw together a salad with lemon, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. an avocado was mashed with garlic, pepper and lemon.


since the burgers were made ahead of time, this dish took only minutes to prepare. my kind of meal! (thank you to my mom for the perfectly ripe avocados!=)

12 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Look at all those greens. How lucky to have a garden-full already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the greens are from fall plants that survived the winter.=)

      Delete
  2. yum! I would love a hemp veggie burger sometime soon. can you tell me which book it's in? I think I have most of hers. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! Gimme me some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful. I can never get enough avocado. There are those who say the hemp should be smoked, but eating it is good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you clint. i condone all uses of the hemp.=)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful--wish I could have enjoyed one with you!
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! You made it look like the perfect spring meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I have yet to make these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...