Thursday, May 28, 2009

pics of my plants

the garden after about 1 month

everyone's not in their permanent homes - the cherry tomato is moving to the upper right corner and i think lavender seedlings will go in its place. the beet is the lone survivor of 9...i'm not sure what happened to its friends =(

i started the cherry tomato, carrots, cilantro, basil, chard, cucumber, and radishes (which were previous tenants of the basil's new spot) from Botanical Interests organic seeds. every seed i have planted from them has sprouted! on the other hand, the beet seeds were from lowe's. lowe's blows. =)

(as i said in previous posts, my mom started the tomatoes, my friend missy gave me pepper and eggplants, the oregano was from a co-worker of missy's, and the flowers and lettuce were all transplants from Bloomer's, a local nursery.)

soon john will be making us a trellis for the cukes and tomatoes, we will have cages for the eggplant and pepper, and a vine for the sugar snap peas (which aren't looking so hot - anyone have an idea why the bottom leaves are turning yellow? have i deprived them of a vine for too long???)

did you see, i have a bloom on my tomato plant? =)


check out my strawberries, lookin' all cute!


flowers we have out front, to greet guests and the mailman...


and a hanging basket of violas and impatiens (whose parents lived at my mom and stepdad don's house last year near the shore - she collected the seeds and started them in her house this past winter. now they're city flowers =)


that pink flower is the first bloom of the bunch (of about 400 plants!) i'll bet it was the mel's mix...

3 comments:

  1. Kelli,

    Everything is looking so good. You are doing a great job!

    Liisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look awesome, and I am so jealous that I didn't do my garden this year. I really wanted to do it...if I don't do it next year I think that I will die. P.S. We are still down for the Areogarden though if you have it, I could get it this week from you if you think you will be around! Gotta start somewhere right?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...